News and Events 2021-2022
- The Rope of Life was reviewed by author Judy Goldman for the NC Literary Review Winter 2022 edition. You can read the review here.
- Along with three other talented authors, Walter Bennett, Mary Bess Dunn, and Nora Gaskin, I talked about all things writing and publishing at a panel hosted by the Orange County Library in celebration of National Writer's Month. The event was on November 4th. I will post a link to the recorded session when it's available.
- If you missed the event on February 21st, TheRope of Life virtual book launch is available for viewing at this link.
- The Rope of Life is now available in audio format at audible.com, on Amazon and iTunes.
- The February 8th edition of The Daily Tar Heel features an article about The Rope of Life and student reactions to being Jewish in the South. Read the story here.
- Here's the link to my most excellent Kirkus review.
- My hometown newspaper, the Danville Register & Bee, printed a story about me and my book in its Sunday edition, January 24th. Here's a link to the article.
- Wonderful review in the Chatham News + Record, written by the talented Lars Dolder. An excerpt: "The Rope of Life serves to accomplish more than just chronicle one person’s maturation and self-discovery. Rather, it demonstrates with vivid imagery and refreshing prose the powerful effects of inaction, and the troubling consequences of apathy. Her experience informs a world-view that challenges the United States to reckon with its history and to plot a different course moving forward." Here's the link to the full review.
My Podcast Tour 2021
- My last podcast from 2021 was released January 6, 2022, ending my podcast around-the-world tour. You can listen to my conversation with Heather Vickery for The Brave Files podcast here.
- My tour included New Zealand (virtually) and my conversation with Helen Morris for The Beautiful Side of Grief. The podcast aired on November 9th. You can listen here.
- Just out today, September 1st, my interview with Michael Herst, host of the One More Thing Before You Go podcast. And here is the youtube link for the video version.
- My interview with Angela Talent of "Damaged Parents" is available here.
- On June 6th, I was featured on the Inspirational Indie Authors podcast. You can listen at this link.
- I talk about my life, my travels and The Rope of Life on the "Introducing Me" podcast. You can listen at this link.
- My Charlotte Readers' Podcast aired on April 27th. You can listen to my conversation with Landis and his daughter, Jordan Wade, here. The podcast also releases on the Apple Podcast Feed and all other major podcast platforms including Spotify, Stitcher, iHeart Radio and more. You can listen wherever you like to get your podcasts.
- My interview with Bill Hendrickson from April 19th can be heard at this link on WCOM community radio.